Final images and details have been released about the iPhone 4 by Apple. Take a look here at the images and details. This article is all now confirmed official - rather than the unconfirmed details originally listed yesterday - though largely predictions were almost exact except that there is no 64gb edition.
- First availability from 24 June (July in NZ, Australia, and many others)
- Faster CPU (A4 CPU made by Apple)
- Higher screen resolution (960x640 pixels)
- Improved Camera with higher resolution and LED flash
- Front-facing camera and Video Calling
- Improved battery life
- iOS 4
- 720p HD video recording
- Unified Inbox (incl multiple Exchange accounts)
- Improved wifi (802.11n)
- Quad band 3G UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz)
It will be interesting to see how the iPhone HD stacks up once manufacturers release handsets with Windows Phone 7 later in the year which is rumoured to have a bunch of features that will trump the iPhone (more here on Windows Phone 7 RC1). Also, Google continue to update the feature set of Android and are likely to try and improve the look and feel of the user interface over the coming year. But can anyone beat Steve Jobs and the mighty brand that is Apple?
Of note is that Apple seems to be losing it's grip on keeping info about it's latest products secret. With previous iPhone and key Apple releases very little has been known until Steve Jobs publicly announced it. Is Apple's secrecy veil gone for good?
FYI: My latest blog entries are usually announced at twitter.com/paulspain
Other related posts:
Live Event–Tue 10 March: NZ Tech Podcast with Dai Henwood, Michelle Dickinson (Nanogirl), Paul Spain
Sneak Peek: HP Envy X2
Want to start a career in IT Support?