Microsoft have confirmed via an online event posting that the global launch of Windows Phone 7 will take place on 11 October 2010. See this event (now full) on Microsoft's website for the details of a T-Mobile launch event (one of a number of launch events happening globally on that date). The event invite is signed by Hemang Patel - Windows Phone Solutions Strategist (Microsoft).
Here is the Agenda:
- 3:05 - 3:10 - Microsoft Executive Keynotes
- 3:10 - 3:30 - Windows Phone 7 with Microsoft Products and solutions
- 3:30 - 4:30 - T-Mobile reps will be present for device showing and their service offering discussion / Microsoft developer architect will demonstrate Windows Phone 7 applications
Based on what I'm hearing these are the dates I expect handsets to be available to consumers around the world:
- Australia/New Zealand - 21 October 2010
- Asia - from 21 October 2010 (availability varies by country)
- Europe - from 21 October 2010 (availability varies by country)
- USA - 8 November 2010 (maybe this will move forward to line up with the rest of the world)
Due to timezone differences it's likely New Zealand will be the first country in the world to sell Windows Phone 7 handsets, followed soon after by Australia. Microsoft will neither confirm nor deny this information so it's vaguely possible that information that has leaked out so far is incorrect, however all will be revealed in just 7 days there isn't long to wait for full and final confirmation.
For more detail on Windows Phone 7 - follow me via @paulspain on Twitter to be alerted as more news is published
Other related posts:
Apple shakes up Mac, iOS, iPadOS and WatchOS + Netflix Local Originals, Rocket Lab ups pace, TikTok vs Trump
NZ Tech Podcast: Ambit, Amazon founders $10B gift, COVID-19 vs Tech, Google photo leak
NZ Tech Podcast: 5G and mega zoom on Galaxy S20 Ultra, Cora NZ Autonomous Air Taxi trial, Tesla's new ridesharing, NZ Game revenue soars