Microsoft have today announced Silverlight 5. Scott Guthrie made the announcement at Silverlight Firestarter keynote. You can stream the event here. The video is well worth viewing and includes some incredible demos of data visualisation and 3D animation. With the Silverlight 5 release Microsoft have brought across more functionality from WPF.
Beta release of Silverlight is coming in first half of 2011, with final release in the second half of the year.
- Data Binding improvements
- 100% Hardware Acceleration for video
- Trickplay enabling users to speed up or slow down video
- New low latency networking benefits
- Improved Windows Azure support
- Custom mark-up extensions
- WS-Trust support
- Text and Printing improvements
- Data visualisation improvements
- Out of Browser
- Multiple Windows
- P/Invoke support
- Enterprise Group Policy support
- Support for 64-bit operating systems.
Other related posts:
Live Event–Tue 10 March: NZ Tech Podcast with Dai Henwood, Michelle Dickinson (Nanogirl), Paul Spain
Sneak Peek: HP Envy X2
Want to start a career in IT Support?
Add a comment
Please note: comments that are inappropriate or promotional in nature will be deleted.
E-mail addresses are not displayed, but you must enter a valid e-mail address to confirm your comments.