I'm looking for a keen and enthusiastic person to join my team at Gorilla Technology- someone who both learns technical things very quickly and has great people skills.
You may already be in the IT industry or someone who is ready to jump in and take on your first role where you can learn from the best.
If you're just looking for 'another job' then this probably isn't the role for you. At Gorilla we work differently from other companies and we're looking for someone who stands out.
There is much to Gorilla's special sauce (we call it 'The Gorilla Way') that differentiates us. From an employee perspective you'll benefit from:
- Being part of a tight knit and friendly team who work closely together - supporting and learning from each other while sharing knowledge and ideas
- Working with the newest and best technologies available. As part of 'The Gorilla Way' we leverage fresh technology to make ourselves and our customers more successful. As an example most of our Windows computer run Windows 8 (and naturally we work with Mac too). And in-house we're testing Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Huge growth potential - most people move ahead faster than the industry standard for career development whilst at Gorilla
- A close connection with the NZ Tech Podcast - this is produced by our founder and means we see many new technologies ahead of most in the industry
At Gorilla though, we don't believe in technology for technology's sake - using it has to make business sense so we teach all our staff about business and communication so we can relate the benefits to our clients.
Attributes you must have:
- A positive and 'can do' attitude
- Great spoken and written English
- Strong technical skills
- Permit to work in NZ
- Ability to start within 4 weeks
- Experience in the Auckland arena
Skills that would be beneficial for you to bring to the table include:
- Great people skills and an ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Technical skills: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008/R2/2012, Mac OS X, Exchange Server 2010/2013, Cisco, Firewalls, TCP/IP
Other related posts:
Microsoft Build – Bots, Inking, Cortana, Windows 10 now installed on 270+ million PCs
NZ Tech Podcast 267: Air and underwater drone, Police 3D mugshots, Samsung vs Huawei, Plan B grabs ICONZ
NZ Tech Podcast 263: Laura Butler – Distinguished Engineer at Microsoft
Comment by Wesley K, on 14-Aug-2013 11:41
Sounds like a great opportunity.I don't know about others, but I've certainly applied online for the role.Hopefully will make it through the first round of short-listing and into an interview.Kind regardsWesley K.
Comment by Wasi Ali, on 14-Aug-2013 13:33
Hi Paul I am currently working as IT Support in one of the leading ACC third party administrator and I am looking forward to progress my career with Gorilla Technology. This is a fantastic opportunity for me to prove my skills and experience in IT support and be a part of an outstanding team. I have applied for this job and I am looking forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks and regards Wasi Ali
Add a comment
Please note: comments that are inappropriate or promotional in nature will be deleted.
E-mail addresses are not displayed, but you must enter a valid e-mail address to confirm your comments.